Distribute reports by email
When the task is running, you can send an email to users to distribute reports or simply notify them.
To configure the email that will be sent to users at the end of reports generation, follow the steps below:
- In the Tasks page, click on the name of a task to edit it.
- Go to the tab Distribution> Email.
- Check the checkbox Send email.
- Enter the sender’s email address in the From field.
- In the BC field, you can add the email addresses of the users who will be in copy of the email (optional). Separate email addresses with a comma.
- In the BCC field, you can add the email addresses of the users who will be in hidden copy of the email (optional). Separate email addresses with a comma.
- Enter a subject for the email in the Subject field.
- In the Message field, enter the message for the email. In addition to the text, you can add:
- HTML reports: You can embed HTML reports directly in the body of the email. In the message editor, click on the “Reports” button and select the report to embed. The name of the report can also be added in the subject of the email.
- Qlik Sense and QlikView variables: In the message editor, click on the “Variables” button to add variables to the message. Variables can also be used in the subject line of the email.
- Tags: Start writing # to add tags. The available labels are: the user’s first name, user’s email, the list of reports and the list of destinations.
- Images: Click the image button to insert an image into the message.
- To attach the reports to the email, check the Attaching Files checkbox.
- Click Save.