Add reports to a task
To add reports to a task, follow these steps:
- After creating a task click on the Publish button. Or in the Tasks page, click on the name of a task to edit it.
- Go to the tab Reports.
- Click Add Report.
- A window appears.
- Select a report from the available reports in the Report drop-down list.
- Select the report output format from the available formats.
- If the selected report is a report that contains an Iteration, other options are displayed.
- Zip files in the destination folder: If you check this checkbox, the files generated and saved in a folder will be compressed into a Zip file.
- Folder storage: This option allows you to use a Qlik Sense or QlikView variable in order to distribute each file create during an Iteration to one or more specific destinations.
- Example 1: You want to create a reports by City and you want each report to be saved in a folder with the name of the city: D:\Marketing Files\<City name>. In this case, you just need to create a variable in the report source application (Qlik Sense or QlikView) which will have as value the storage path of each file according to the selected city. The definition of the variable will look like this: vStoragePathCityReport = ‘D:\Marketing Files\’&City_name. Assuming that City_name is a field that contains cities. Thus, the report for the city = Paris will be saved in the folder: ‘D:\Marketing Files\Paris’.
- Example 2: You now want to generate reports by City and save the files in folders with the name of the Country of the city. In this case your variable will look like this: vStoragePathCityReport = ‘D:\Marketing Files\’&County_name. Assuming that County_name is a field that contains countries. Thus, the report for the city = Paris will be saved in the folder: ‘D:\Marketing Files\France’
- Example 3: To save a file in several folders, just separate the path list with a comma, for example using the “Concat ()” function. If for example you want to save the file of each city in folders bearing the names of managers of the city, the variable will look like this: vStoragePathCityReport = Concat(‘D:\Marketing Files\’&Manager_name, ‘,’). Assuming that Manager_name is a field that contains city managers.
- Email distribution: This option allows you to use a Qlik Sense or QlikView variable in order to distribute by email each file created during an Iteration to one or more recipients. This option works the same way as Folder storage. You can define a variable to send the file of an Iteration to one or more recipients.
- Visibility in the HUB: This option allows you to use a Qlik Sense or QlikView variable in order to limit access to each file created during an Iteration in Qalyptus Hub. This option works the same way as Folder storage.
- Example 1: You can for example generate reports by Seller and publish them in the Qalyptus Hub portal. If you want each seller to only see their report, in this case you just need to create a variable which will have a value equal to the seller’s username or email during the iteration. Thus, each seller will only be able to see their report.
- Example 2: You want the report of a seller to be visible in Qalyptus Hub only for the seller and his Manager. In this case, your variable must contain the ID (username or email) of the seller and that of his manager, separating them with a comma.
8. Click the Add button.
9. Then Click Save.