In this section, we will see how to create tasks and schedule the execution of a task. A task can be executed on demand or can be run recurrently using Schedules.
To create a task, follow these steps:
- On Qalyptus Server, go to the Tasks tab.
- Click the Create Task button.
- The window below is displayed.
- Enter the task name and choose a project with which the task will be associated.
- Click Save.
- Then click Publish.
- The window below will display.
Send a notification after task execution
You can send an email notification at the end of a task to inform people of the task’s status; the task ended with errors, warnings, or success. The log file of the task is attached to the email.
For each task, you can choose which status you want to send a notification for and the recipients.
To publish reports with this task, follow these steps: