In this section we will create an PowerPoint template using QlikView objects. We will use a Chart (Line Chart), a Table and a Variable.
To create an PowerPoint template, go to Templates tab and click Create button. Your screen will look something like this:
- In the Type drop-down menu select PowerPoint
- Give a name to your template. Example: Performance PowerPoint template
- It is recommended to add a description
- You have two options to create a new template. You can click to create a new PowerPoint file or click to create your template from an existing PowerPoint file.
- Save your work
Click to create a new PowerPoint file. Your screen will look something like this:
- An PowerPoint file is open in the Qalyptus application
- Items: list of the selected objects and variables to use to create your template
- Objects: list of the table and chart objects of the selected connections
- Variables: list of the variables of the selected connections
- Connections: list of the available connections.
Now you need to add to the PowerPoint file the objects you want to have in the file. In our case we will use the Performance connection and use the following items:
- CH137 (Sales Trend) as Graph
- CH169 (Sales Performance (in thousands)) as Table
- vCurDate as Variable
Follow the instructions below to add the items.
- Go to the Connection tab and select Performance connection
- Go to Objects tab -> find CH137 (Sales Trend) -> right click and choose Use as Graph
- In Objects tab find CH169 (Sales Performance (in thousands)) -> right click and choose Use as Table
- Go to Variables tab -> find vCurDate right click and choose Use as Variable
- Return to Items tab. You objects and variable are now available to be arranged in the file.
- Add the text Date
- Drag and drop vCurDate at the right of the text Date
- Drag and drop CH137 (Sales Trend) and adjust it
- Drag and drop the CH169 (Sales Performance (in thousands))
- Click Preview button and choose Pptx to view the result
- An PowerPoint file is created
- Click Save button to save the file
- Close the window
When generating the report only objects and variables present in the Items tab are taken into account. Example: if the object CH137 is used in the PowerPoint file and the object CH137 is not used in the Items tab, then the object CH137 will not be created in the PowerPoint file at the time of the generation of the report.
Change the style of the table
By default Qalyptus create a table with the QlikView table style. You can customize the style of your table using PowerPoint table styles.
To change you table style, do the following.
- Select the QlikView object Shortcode
- In PowerPoint ribbon, select Design
- Choose the table style you want in table style area
You file will be like below.
A template can have three different status:
- Valid template
- File not found
- No objects or variables used