In this section we will create a PowerPoint template using Qlik Sense objects.
To create a PowerPoint template, go to Templates tab and click Create button. Your screen will look something like this:
- In the Type drop-down menu select PowerPoint
- Give a name to your template. Example: Performance PowerPoint template
- It is recommended to add a description
- You have two options to create a new template. You can click to create a new PowerPoint file or click to create your template from an existing PowerPoint file
- Save your work
- A PowerPoint file is open in the Qalyptus
- Connections: list of the Qlik Sense and QlikView connections created in the Connections page
- Variables: list of the Qlik variables of the selected connections. Select the ones you want to use
- Objects: list of the Tables, Charts, and Master Items of the selected connections. Select the ones you want to use
- Used: here you will find the objects and variables you want to use in your template
- Save button allows you to save the template
- Preview button allows you to have a preview of the report
Add objects to create the template
In this short video, you will see how to use your Qlik Sense objects to create a simple PowerPoint template.
1- Add a filter to an object
In addition to applying filters at the report level and the task level, you can apply a filter for each Qlik object you use in your Template.
Right-click on the object you want to add a filter, then select Properties. In the Properties screen, select the filter to apply from the available filters.
Only one filter can be applied to an object.
2-Repeat charts and tables in a slide for each value of a dimension
You can repeat the contents of a PowerPoint slide for each value in a dimension field.
3- Create a PowerPoint native chart
You can create a PowerPoint chart with data from a Qlik Sense object (chart or table).
A template can have three different status:
- Valid template
- File not found
- No objects or variables used