In this section we will create an HTML template using Qlik Sense objects.
To create an HTML template, go to Templates tab and click Create button. Your screen will look something like this:
- In the Type drop-down menu select HTML
- Give a name to your template. Example: Performance HTML template
- It is recommended to add a description
- You have two options to create a new template. You can click to create a new HTML file or click to create your template from an existing HTML file.
- Save your work
Click to create a new HTML file. Your screen will look something like this:
- An HTML file is open in the Qalyptus
- Connections: list of the Qlik Sense and QlikView connections created in the Connections page
- Variables: list of the Qlik variables of the selected connections. Select the ones you want to use
- Objects: list of the Tables, Charts, and Master Items of the selected connections. Select the ones you want to use
- Used: here you will find the objects and variables you want to use in your template
- Save button allows you to save the template
- Preview button allows you to have a preview of the report
Add objects to create the template
In this short video, you will see how to use your Qlik Sense objects to create a simple HTML template.
1- Add a filter to an object
In addition to applying filters at the report level and the task level, you can apply a filter for each Qlik object you use in your Template.
Right-click on the object you want to add a filter, then select Properties. In the Properties screen, select the filter to apply from the available filters.
Only one filter can be applied to an object.
2- Repeat charts and tables in a div for each value of a dimension
You can repeat the contents of an HTML div for each value in a dimension field. You can nest the repeat levels as many times as you want.
A template can have three different status:
- Valid template
- File not found
- No objects or variables used