Connection to a Qlik Sense App
In this section you will see how create a connection with a Qlik Sense App.
- If you use Qlik Sense Desktop, Qalyptus and Qlik Sense Desktop must be installed in the same machine
- You need to install Qlik Sense Certificate if Qalyptus is running on a different machine than Qlik Sense Enterprise.
In our case we will create a connection to the app “Executive Dashboard”.
Open Qalyptus and begin
The first thing you see after you open Qalyptus Desktop is the Connection page. Here you create your connections to Qlik Sense app.
Click Create button to create a new connection. Your screen will look something like this:
- Give a name to your connection
- It is recommended to add a description
- Choose Qlik Sense as a source
- Give the Qlik sense server address (for Qlik Sense Desktop: http://localhost:4848). To make your life easier, you can enter the default Qlik Sense Server address in > General Settings. The next time, the server address will be filled in automatically.
- Choose a Qlik Sense app. Click the button on the right to see the list of all available Qlik Sense apps in your server. Choose an application and click the OK button.
- Check the check box Default, if your want make the current connection as the default connection.
- Finally, click Save to create and save the connection. All objects, fields, and variables of the Qlik Sense app will be retrieved.
Now your connection named Executive Dashboard is created and ready for use.
Modifying or deleting a connection
To modify or delete a connection:
- Go to the connections list
- Right click on the connection you want to modify or delete
- If you want to modify click Edit and if you want to delete click Delete
Warning, you can not delete a connection that is used by others entities. Before deleting the connection you need to delete all the entities using the connection.
A connection can have two different status:
- Valid Connection
- File not found