In a default installation of Qalyptus Server, a self-signed certificate is generated and used. You can use Qalyptus Server with HTTP, although this is not recommended.
To enable HTTP, after installing Qalyptus Server, follow these steps:
- Connect to the machine where Qalyptus Server is installed with the user who runs the Qalyptus Server service
- In the start menu, search Qalyptus Server Configuration
- Click on Qalyptus Server Configuration and go to the General tab
- Enter the username and password of the user who runs the Qalyptus Server service
- Uncheck the Use https box
- Click on Save
- A confirmation message will be displayed when the changes are taken into account
Note that once you have chosen to use HTTP, the address of Qalyptus Server with HTTPS will no longer work.
If Qlik Sense Server is configured to use the HTTPS protocol, using an HTTP protocol to connect Qalyptus can cause a connection problem between Qlik Sense and Qalyptus, especially when you use the extensions Qalyptus Notify and Qalyptus On-Demand .