Generate a license key
To activate Qalyptus, Windows Username of your Qalyptus instance needs to be associated with the license key.
A Qalyptus license is assigned to a single windows Username, your license will be valid on any PC as long as you log in with your windows account.
Below we will see how to generate a new license and how to renew an existing license.
Generate a new license
Once your order is paid, go to the Licenses page to generate a license key for each user.
On this page you will find the list of licenses you have purchased. Example: if you buy 3 Qalyptus Desktop licenses, you will see 3 lines corresponding to the 3 licenses with a different Support Entitlement Number (SEN).
To generate a new license, do the following:
- In the license page, click New license link
- A new page will open. Enter the full name, email and Windows Username of the person who will use Qalyptus
- Click Save
- If all its OK, a new license will be created and the user specified will receive the license key by email
- You will see the license key in place of the link New license.
Now the license can be used to activate the Qalyptus instance of the specified user.
Note that the expiration date of the license is calculated from the date of purchase of the license.
Renew an existing license
You can renew all or a part of your existing licenses any time. We recommend that you renew your licenses sufficiently before the expiration date to avoid any break in use.
To renew an existing license, go to the Licenses page and do the following:
- Copy the license key you want to renew
- Click Renew a license link
- A new page will open. Paste the license key and click Save
- If all its OK, a new license will be created and the owner of the license will receive the license key by email
- You will see the license key in place of the link Renew a license.
Note that the expiry date of the new license will be one year longer than the old license.